KU-DIKTI Program for Admission in October 2015
This is a unique program organized by Kanazawa University (KU) and Indonesian Directorate General of Higher Education (DGHE or DIKTI). Please see below for more information about the program. The program is for the lecturers of Indonesian universities who presently hold a Master’s degree and would like to pursue a doctoral degree at KU. The program runs for 36 or 48 months, depending on the field of study, and it is entirely sponsored by DIKTI scholarship (Beasiswa Luar Negeri [LN] DIKTI or Beasiswa Unggulan DIKTI). Applicants will be selected and matched with academic adviser by the graduate schools at KU, then undergo separate interviews by DIKTI and the academic adviser. Upon successfully completing all processes, applicants will be admitted to KU as graduate students in the doctoral course. We are sure that the doctoral course at KU will stimulate your academic ability and expand your horizons. We look forward to receiving your application and hope to welcome you to our beautiful campus.
1. Courses Offered: Doctoral course
This program does NOT include Bachelor’s and Master’s courses.
– An individual who is eligible for DIKTI scholarship for the Year 2015 (seehttp://beasiswa.dikti.go.id for information; if you have not applied yet, be sure to apply before the deadline.)
– An individual who is currently employed as a lecturer at an Indonesian university
– An individual whose English fluency is around the IELTS score of 6.0 or better by the application deadline. This equates to TOEFL PBT 550 (iBT 80). Those with lower scores will also be considered for matching.
– An individual who meets all requirements set by Kanazawa University for the eligibility to apply to KU Graduate School as a doctorate student (seehttp://www.adm.kanazawa-u.ac.jp/ie/e/abroad/guideline.html for the complete list of eligibility requirements)
– An individual who is physically and mentally healthy
– The eligibility for Kanazawa University is a separate matter from the eligibility to DIKTI scholarship. Please be informed that you must be eligible for both, and you must successfully complete the application and be selected for both.BE SURE TO APPLY FOR DIKTI SCHOLARSHIP 2015!! (http://beasiswa.dikti.go.id)
3. Search for a Supervisor
DIRECTORY OF RESEARCHERS AT KU
You may also use the Seeds Table as a secondary reference.
*You do not have to contact the supervisor directly until later in the selection process. KU will inform you when the selection has progressed enough.
4. Application/Registration?Deadline:February 13, 2015?
GO TO KU ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
After you submit the Online Application Form, you will receive an automated reply to the registered e-mail address. Required documents are listed in this message. Prepare the documents and submit them by the deadline.
5. Required Documents
Diploma for Bachelor’s Degree (in English)
Diploma for Master’s Degree (in English)
Official Transcript for Undergraduate Course Work (in English)
Official Transcript for Master’s Course Work (in English)
Abstract of Master’s Thesis or Another Work of Equivalent Volume and Quality (in English)
Proof of English Proficiency
Kanazawa University International Exchange Student Inquiry Form (Including Research Proposal)
Research Performance Questionnaire
Download Links for the Inquiry Form and Questionnaire are available in the e-mail message you will receive after submitting the online application.
Deadline for Document Submission: February 27, 2015
6. Tentative Schedule
December 22 to Feb 13:?Applicants must apply to both DIKTI scholarship and KU-DIKTI Program at Kanazawa University.?Applicant’s affiliated university must also submit recommendation to DIKTI in order to complete the scholarship application process.
February 27:?Deadline for submitting required documents to Kanazawa University.
Mid-March to Early-May:?Kanazawa University will screen and match the applicants. Also, there will be an interview by the academic adviser. Those who are successfully selected and pass the interview will be issued an unconditional LOA. There will be a separate selection by interview with DIKTI, which you must pass in order to receive the scholarship. Selection process at KU and DIKTI are two separate processes. Applicants must successfully pass both selections to be admitted to KU in KU-DIKTI Program.
After Selection:Final decision will be made by Kanazawa University and, in accordance with DIKTI’s final decisions, the final Notification of acceptance will be sent to applicants. Certificate of Eligibility (required to apply for Japanese Visa) will also be sent to applicants by international postal mail.
7. Contact Information
– If you have questions or wish to submit required documents…
– Kanazawa University Website
– General Information for International Student
– Mailing Address for International Postal Mail
Address: Global Affairs Division, Kanazawa University
Kakuma-machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920-1192