Publication ethics adapted by BAKTI: Jurnal Pengabdian kepada Masyarakat refers to The Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and Regulation of the Head of LIPI Number 5 of 2014 concerning the Code of Ethics for Scientific Publications.
All parties (journal managers, authors, and reviewers) related to scientific publications on BAKTI: Jurnal Pengabdian kepada Masyarakat must comply with the ethics of the publication.
This ethical statement of scientific publication is a statement of the code of ethics of all parties involved in the publication process of this scientific journal, namely the journal manager, editor, reviewer, and author. Scientific Publication Ethics basically upholds three ethical values in publications, they are (i) Neutrality, which is free from conflicts of interest in the management of publications; (ii) Justice, which is granting authorship rights to those entitled to become authors; and (iii) Honesty, which is free from duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism in publications.
Duties and Responsibilities of Journal Manager
- Determine the name of the journal, scientific scope, periodicity, and accreditation if needed.
- Determine the membership of the editorial board.
- Defines the relationship among publishers, editors, reviewers, and other parties to a contract.
- Appreciate things that are confidential, both for contributing researchers, authors, editors, and reviewers.
- Implement norms and provisions regarding intellectual property rights, especially copyright.
- Conduct a review of the journal's policy and submit it to the authors, the editorial board, reviewers, and readers.
- Create behavioural code guides for editors and reviewers.
- Publish journals regularly.
- Ensuring the availability of funding sources for the sustainability of journal publications.
- Building a network of cooperation and marketing.
- Prepare permits and other legal aspects.
Duties and Responsibilities of Editor
- Meeting the needs of readers and authors,
- Strive to improve the quality of publications on an ongoing basis,
- Implement processes to ensure the quality of published papers,
- Prioritizing freedom of opinion objectively,
- Maintain the integrity of the author's academic track record,
- Submit corrections, clarifications, withdrawals, and apologies when needed,
- Responsible for the style and format of the written work, while the content and all statements in the written work are the responsibility of the author.
- Actively solicit the opinions of authors, readers, reviewers, and members of the editorial board to improve the quality of publications,
- Encouraging an assessment of the journal if there are findings,
- Support initiatives to reduce research and publication errors
- Support initiatives to educate researchers on publication ethics,
- Reviewing the effect of publication policies on the attitudes of authors and reviewers and improving them to increase responsibility and minimize errors,
- Have an open mind to new opinions or views of others that may conflict with personal opinions,
- Do not defend your own opinion, the author or a third party that can result in an unobjective decision,
- Encouraging authors, so that they can make improvements to the written work so that it is worthy of publication.
Duties and Responsibilities of Reviewers
- Received an assignment from the editor to review the written work and submit the results of the study to the editor, as material for determining the feasibility of a written work to be published.
- The reviewer may not conduct a review of the written work that involves himself, either directly or indirectly
- Maintain the author's privacy by not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions, and recommendations by providing criticism, suggestions, input, and recommendations
- Encouraging authors to make improvements to written works
- Reviewing the written work that has been corrected in accordance with predetermined standards.
- The written work is reviewed in a timely manner according to the style of the publication environment based on scientific principles (data collection methods, author's legality, conclusions, etc.).
Duties and Responsibilities of Authors
- Ensure that those who are included in the list of authors meet the criteria as authors.
- Collectively responsible for the work and content of the article includes methods, analysis, calculations and details.
- State the origin of resources (including funding), either directly or indirectly.
- Explain the limitations of the research
- Respond to comments made by reviewers in a professional and timely manner.
- Inform the editor if he wants to withdraw his written work.
- Make a statement that the paper submitted for publication is original, has not been published anywhere in any language, and is not in the process of being submitted to another publisher.